D&B specialises in recruitment for the Mining, Construction & Engineering industries on a regional and national basis. Whilst we would classify ourselves as a boutique consultancy, we are now one of the largest Mining, Construction and Engineering specialists in Australia and with an ever increasing profile; we have made a big impact on the market.
Throughout Mining D&B specialises in placing Open Cut Examiners, Mining Engineers, Drill & Blast Engineers, Geologists, Planners, Superintendents, Senior Production staff and Commercial Managers into the Coal Industry. We are trained to understand each position so we may effectively place you in the correct job that's right for you.
Company, Position & Specification:
Our client is one of Australia's leading Mining operators throughout New South Wales & Queensland. This quality company has excellent staff retention and develops their skills through training and internal promotion. To attract the best talent they offer employees excellent packages, good work/life balance and top end perks.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and results driven candidate to join our site based open cut coal mining operation at a mine located south west of Mackay and the Whitsunday Islands.
As the Technical Services Superintendent, you will report to the Mining Manager and be accountable for driving production forwards and interfacing between production, planning and operations. Your focus will be to lead the continuous improvement aspects of the daily mining production and other critical activities.
In this senior role you will
utilise your innovative technical engineering expertise and people management skills by leading the team to coordinate the open pit operations. With strong influencing and communication skills, you will be passionate about driving a high performing team who are working towards meeting production, time and budget deadlines.
All senior mining engineers ready to take the next step are encouraged to apply for this challenging role.
• Relevant Degree in Mining Engineering ,with solid experience in open pit mining
• Experience in scheduling for Truck/Excavator operations
• Solid technical report writing skills
• Experience in daily/monthly costing and annual budgeting processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Pit optimisation, short term planning & Production scheduling
• Ability to perform analysis of mine designs and schedules
• Experience with Vulcan and short term scheduling software will be highly regarded
• A proven team player who can add value through commitment to safe work practices, continuous improvement and efficient service delivery.
In return our client offers
• Competitive remuneration package and benefits
• A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
• An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
• Supportive work environment with modern training systems
• 5/2 Roster