- Acclaimed Australian electrical engineering company
- Organic growth driving this newly created position
- Outstanding career opportunity | Outstanding rewards!
This Australian based global organisation is an internationally acclaimed leader in the manufacture and supply of electrical infrastructure and electronic products and services to the heavy industrial sectors.
With a focus on power, energy, mining, petro-chemical, manufacturing, utilities, (transmission and distribution), oil and gas, tunnelling, industrial and infrastructure, they pride themselves on quality, service, and delivery.
An ability to identify client needs and provide a competitive advantage through vertically integrated operations has been the cornerstone of this company's success.
With in-house detailed design and manufacturing of electrical infrastructure products, electronic products, and systems, they are the benchmark in the design, provision and delivery of complete industrial electrical solutions, especially to the Australian mining industry.
The role is responsible for the technical leadership, guidance, motivation and co-ordination of a team of engineering professionals.
Working closely with other team leaders, managers, and production, the Team Leader, Control Systems will ensure team performance and engineering outcomes and are achieved to a high standard.
Skills and experience:
- Degree level qualifications in engineering- Electrical preferred
- Significant experience in control systems engineering - software and hardware
- Previous experience in supervising/coordinating/managing a group of people
- Strong problem solving skills- technically, and within group dynamics
- Working knowledge of Australian standards
- Significant, heavy industrial experience- Mining, utilities, tunnels, manufacturing, conveyers, electrical infrastructure, T&D (Mining very well regarded)
- HV systems and products– (3.3kV to 132kV) - switchgear, DCB’s, substations, transformers
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with design and programming of control systems in underground mining electrical systems including specialised substations (fixed, mobile and modular) and other products will be very well regarded.
Yes, there is a strong focus on the mining industry however solid experience in related industries will be considered.
Some travel will be a requirement of this position- a drivers license is required.
With excellent employee benefits, a dedication to workforce development, and unlimited career opportunities, outstanding personal and professional rewards await!